Saturday, December 19, 2009

New Beginnings



So I will just jump in without much ado--life has been undoubtedly busy this fall--actually, since the twins were born...and this summer and fall have had some very unpleasant surprises for us. The house flooding twice, swine flu, and just the everyday frustrations that come with four kids...this is not to gloss over all the wonderful moments that we have been blessed with, but Todd and I have both felt the weight of this year more than any others. We've also watched many of our friends go through unimaginable circumstances--life or death, marriage or divorce...and believe me we have thanked God for what we have, frustrations and all--because we know that it can all be gone in a flash. We are certainly stronger after the year we've had--as a couple and individually. I have learned so much about being a child of God when the world seems to be (or literally is) crumbling around you. And funnily enough, I can really look back now and chuckle about the absurdity of much of this year. I have, however, not afforded myself much time to reflect because I have overloaded my "plate" this year and am now looking forward to 2010 as the year-of-no. Although so many of the activities that I am a part of have been an incredible blessing to me, I realize fully that just because I can doesn't mean I should. Teaching preschool has been a wonderful experience and yet I feel like I can never devote the proper amount of time to it because I'm also a full-time mom. Same with worship dance. And teaching Sunday School. And I am wanting to volunteer in Lily's class and just have a little me-time...something's gotta give. So when my obligations time out in April and May, I will graciously not be signing up again for the next go-round. And I have no regrets about moving in that direction...alright, more later




No comments:

Post a Comment