
Hi my friends...it has indeed been a long time since I have blogged...too long. I can't say exactly why I haven't but the blanket answer of "life" seems to be the only thing...and boy has life been full! We do a lot of fun and rewarding things with the kids, but then we also have a lot of yuck thrown in to keep things interesting. Strep throat, head lice, adenoid and ear tube surgery, ear infections, the decision to move (still in Gville), still teaching preschool, doing laundry, cleaning sharpie off the walls, cleaning balmex off of Bella, cleaning both twins after they played quite happily in the toilet...the list goes on :) On the flipside, the kids have each grown a little, played and read a lot, learned about life, love, God, and that Mommy and Daddy love them to bits, even when things get hectic. So here's a slice of what's been going on lately...

Ty was quite proud of his block "stadium" and "zoo," complete with block "animals"

James at Satchel's, post-shearing...he had a doozie of a haircut last weekend--we're doing our part to clean up the oil spill in the Gulf...our salon is collecting hair to use and after James they should have enough :)

Miss Bella on her horse at Satchel's...she gets on all by herself and does not want help...sound like anyone I know??? anyone??

Gran and James, hanging out at Satchel's...


okay so this kids lives to shop at Lightning Salvage, where they have dime-store quality junk and jacked-up prices (still like $5 and under, but still...) and Ty would not rest until he bought this balloon car (he also got the rocket, but the balloon car was in his cross-hairs for about a month)

the twinnies in the tube at Satchel's...

big T at swim lessons...such a different kid from last year...he's a regular eel now :)

Bella watching her brother swim...


Lily and her "cleaning robot" that she made for Uncle Tim, who visited us tonight...and you guessed it, we went to Satchel's...we are really on a streak

Ty, not thrilled that I am taking his picture with his dinosaur that he made for Uncle Tim...

ok so I am not prophetic about what future careers my kids may have, but Bella loves animals more than any other kid I've ever seen. Someone brought their puppy to the Satchel's playground and she would not rest until she had squeezed her way onto the bench with little girls she didn't know, just so she could be closer to the puppy...

Lily watching the action...so old and grown-up...for a five-year-old

she finally got to pet the puppy and she was over the moon...

pupp's owner threatening to take dog away...

ahhh, l'amore...

and the puppy is gone...that was her honest-to-goodness reaction...see what I mean?

James stealing a sip of my tea...

but he's cute so he can get away with it...cheers to you all and someday I will post more. Tomorrow morning I am off to V-town to say good bye to my friend Steven, who lost his battle with cancer...he was truly an inspiration...
No comments:
Post a Comment