Monday, September 20, 2010

Life has been full lately (as if that's something new...), but it has felt more abundant in the way that God intended it. More contentment, more peace, more joy--but certainly no fewer headaches and heartaches! I would never draw a line in the sand and declare that I have "arrived" at some place I expected and hoped to get to, because as sure as I do, I will begin my descent back into the monotony and flatness that can so often permeate our lives if we let it. But I will say that God has helped me to simply open my eyes to what is around me and to rest in HIS all-sufficient grace. So the kids are still rocketing through space at a million miles an hour, we are still busy most days and nights of the week, the house still needs cleaning and mouths need food--but I am not undone by it all. I am savoring and tasting the sweetness of it...Miss Bella is loving her ballet class! So precious and she's very flexible, too!

And I convinced Lily to add ballet and she took to it nicely--even said she enjoyed it! To the ears of a former dancer and dance teacher, that was sweet music!!

so perhaps this restored sense of calm has been enhanced by the retreat I was on this weekend. In case you didn't know, I lead a group called "Deborah's Daughters," which is under the blanket of GEM (Grace Encouragement Ministries) and the retreat was at Steinhatchee Landing Resort, which I will definitely be visiting again with my family! It's on the river and you can canoe and fish, they have a great pool and playground, a petting zoo!!! And not to mention the fact that the houses and buildings are as cute as can be...I had a lovely time!!!

Amanda, Susan, and myself...

Sira, Amanda, and me
I had over half my group that couldn't make it this weekend, but here is the group who attended--Susan, Amanda, Sira, Lisa, and me :)
yes I indeed went canoeing and had a ball!
this was the house where we stayed...
This is me with Joanna Figley, who is the head of GEM, and she is a very special lady in my life!
after I got back, we went down to the pool to enjoy the summer while it's still here!


cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for new posts; I needed a Goede fix to get me through until this weekend. Looks like you have a budding Bella-rina on your hands there. :) See you guys on Friday!!

    ReplyDelete