Wednesday, June 30, 2010

mother, mother ocean...i have heard you call...

we have spent the last three weekends in Venice, at Mimi's and Poppy's, and I am reminded how much I love my hometown! Living in a landlocked place now, I forget how therapeutic being around the water is (and was for me growing up!). Venice is the quaintest little place on earth! It is called "the city on the Gulf" and Venice avenue runs right into the beach. Venice is also the shark's tooth capital of the world and we tried in vain to find some for the kids this past weekend. It really depends on which beach you go to and we chose wrong...oh well, the kids still had a blast!
this shot of James was from our trip down to Venice, on I-75 somewhere--we stopped for sundaes at Mickey D's and James wore 3/4 of his :)
Lily and Poppy, enjoying lunch at the yacht club (no, we don't have a yacht, but they have a great pool and tiki bar and we've been going there since I was little)
mr. moon
Caspersen Beach...I grew up in a postcard
these two are a real pair--nothing but trouble :)

my mama and me :)
James was content to sit and dig by the rocks--not too adventuresome
Ty and his find
miss bella
my grandmother, who is close to 89--doesn't she look amazing?
miss lily

me and my girl
loving the mud
mimi did try to catch him for a picture, but he's too squirmy
jumping off the rocks
my girl loves to run...




Ty's feet, which are growing like crazy!




my dad and me--no question where I came from!!
I hope that if you are landlocked right now, you can imagine these stairs in your mind's eye and descend into a little beachy place...cheers!

1 comment:

  1. i was planning a quick beach trip today and totally flaked out...seeing this makes me wish i had sucked it up and headed over...maybe tomorrow!

    great photos :)
    ps- while taking a quick look at your old blog i happened upon the hugging photo from the cinderella ballet- they were SO little!! Let me know what blog printing/binding site you go with, i'm in the market myself

    ReplyDelete