Saturday, August 14, 2010

a random post...

hello all! what today's post may lack on cohesion it will make up for in snazzy pix and interesting and funny stories... :) hey, at least I'm posting, right?? here we go...

so my Lily-girl turned six! I have noticed a big change in her lately--she's been oozing maturity in moments where she used to ooze tantrum! She's feeling more ready for school as each day passes, but I do anticipate some tears the first few days--she is still Lily after all! here she is about 5 1/2 years ago...an only child...
this next pic is at the Jacksonville Zoo, which I hope to post about soon--we went with Todd's folks and the kids had a ball! They all got to feed the giraffe!
here's Ty and Jonathan deep in thought on the t-ball field during one of their games...these two are still two peas in a pod...
here they are close-up in their Cubs uniforms...t-ball was actually a lot of fun this summer (as opposed to the train wreck it was last year!! what a difference a year makes!)
here I am with the twinnies at the zoo riding the train

we had a small get-together for Lily's birthday at our new house--nothing like a party a week after you move in to motivate you to put things away!
Lily actually baked the cake with me and made all of the creative decisions--her party was a Littlest Pet Shop theme...

this was our gift to Lily--a Vera Bradley school bag (as per her order--she found this in the catalogue and wanted it for school--NOT a backpack!)
Miss Bella, decked out in her sissy's necklaces and lipgloss! These girls are obsessed with make-up!
my James...he saw the girls being photographed and wanted his pic taken too!
Lily wanted bangs so we indulged her and here's the result! I think she looks older... :(
here she is at her six-year-old well-child visit (we were killing time with the camera) she was 48 lbs and 46 1/4 inches and in the 75th% for both height and weight--healthy!!!
okay so a note on Zuzu--our problem child--she is so sweet and good with our kids and I adore her, even though she does a lot to make me mad...but this summer she had her cancer scare and surgery to remove her malignant tumor and has been doing well...but she has always been freaked out by thunderstorms--that's usually when she destroys things. And this was her first storm in the new house (as a disclaimer, the house itself was not damaged--just five boxes of soda and herself). She shredded five soda boxes and also got into the trash can in the powder room next to the laundry room, making a huge mess! In the process, she ripped off her dew claw, which bled profusely! Thankfully I have friends in the biz and I called Francesca, who walked me through bandaging and made me an appointment to see Wendy this morning. Zuzu's claw will heal okay and she'll be on antibiotics, she also has conjunctivitis in one eye, and the kicker of all is that Wendy prescribed her Zanax for her anxiety--why had I never thought of that before? so my dog is on Zanax...something funny about saying that, you know? but I hope it works!!!!

so here's a glimpse into our new house...this is the view as you walk in the front door... we still have some work to do, but we're really in good shape. One quick unrelated note, but I thought it was cute: Ty asked me what would happen if I got struck by lightning (assuming this would kill me), so I said he would call 911. He asked, "Is that the phone number for Heaven?" I laughed and cried all at once--how sweet was that? cheers!



1 comment: